Insurance Planning Services in Ellicott City
Protecting What Matters
As one of the most comprehensive financial service firms for wealthy families and high net worth individuals in the Ellicott City area, Geier Asset Management offers programs to grow, protect, and conserve your wealth. In addition to our wealth management services, our advisors also offer insurance planning services to help you determine which insurance policies you need. We will run pricing quotes for the proper amount of insurance and assist you in obtaining the policy.
Our Ellicott City Insurance Planning Services
At Geier Asset Management, we’ll make sure you’re protected—no matter what tomorrow brings. To determine the appropriate amount of coverage for your needs, we’ll take the following information into consideration:
- Spousal income level
- Children’s college expense expectations
- And more
Once we’ve conducted this initial analysis, we will then provide you with the appropriate coverage quote and write your insurance policy. Our financial analyst will review your policy each year to ensure you and your family always have adequate protection.
Types of Insurance
There are many types of life insurance policies available to you, and one of our advisors can help you determine which is the best option for you and your family:
- Term life insurance – offers coverage for a specified term with a less expensive, fixed premium
- Whole life insurance – Unlike term life insurance, a whole life insurance policy offers permanent coverage at a fixed, but usually more expensive, premium. However, part of your premium goes towards the cash value of the policy, which allows you to borrow against the accumulated cash value of your policy.
- Variable life insurance – A flexible life insurance option, a variable insurance policy is similar to a whole life policy in regards to its permanent coverage and accumulated cash value. However, the cash value of your policy is invested in stocks, bonds, and other assets which grow tax-deferred. Often a lump sum premium is paid to maximize growth and avoid annual premiums.
- Second to die policy – This policy is an inexpensive life insurance option for married couples looking to provide for children or pay estate taxes. The proceeds of this policy are only paid in the event that both spouses die.
In addition to these life insurance policy options, you can further protect yourself or your business with:
- Disability insurance – Make sure you’re covered if you lose earning power due to a disability.
- Long-term care insurance – This policy will aid in the expense of assisted living or care in your later years (whether you stay in Ellicott City or move).
- Key man insurance – In the event that your business loses one of its key executives, a key man insurance policy will help prevent a large negative effect while the company searches for a replacement.
As our valued client, our goal is to help you protect what matters. We’ll make sure you have the coverage you need. For insurance planning services in Ellicott City, call us today!