Estate Planning Services in Ellicott City
Protecting Your Assets
As your net worth continues to grow, so does your estate. If unprepared, your heirs could face substantial federal and Maryland state estate tax liabilities. If you were to die without a will, known as “intestate,” your assets may be subject to probate. This is typically costly, and it can potentially cause disputes amongst your heirs.
Estate planning can be intimidating and frustrating and is oftentimes overlooked due to the uncomfortable nature of the conversations that arise. However, with the proper guidance and interpretation from Geier Asset Management, estate planning can be seamless and simple to implement. Proper estate planning will save your family a great deal of time, heartache, and money.
The professionals at Geier Asset Management offer thorough estate planning for residents of Ellicott City, Maryland. Call (410) 824-1853 today to set up an appointment and talk with one of our estate planning experts about protecting your assets.
Professional Estate Planning
Geier Asset Management is here to assist with your estate planning needs from start to finish. Whether you are a business owner in Ellicott City seeking to transfer ownership to successors, a young family that needs basic documents prepared to protect your children, or an elderly individual looking to transfer wealth to family members, we are equipped to handle your specific situation. Several items we will help you with include:
- Defining your estate planning goals
- Analyzing your specific situation and discussing your estate planning options
- Assembling an Ellicott City area estate planning team consisting of estate attorneys and tax experts
- Implementing a strategy that will minimize potential estate taxes
- Coordinating the preparation of estate planning documents with a licensed attorney
- Devising a plan that will allow you to efficiently transfer assets to your heirs
- Overseeing the disbursement of your estate
- Monitoring the estate plan regularly and coordinating revisions with an attorney
Estate planning in Ellicott City is important, which is why you should only use trusted professionals. Contact Geier Asset Management today to get started.
The Basic Estate Planning Documents
The first step of estate planning is the generation of basic documents that will illustrate your intentions and provide instruction to your heirs. As your assets accumulate, more sophisticated strategies may need to be implemented. However, we suggest you address the basic estate planning documents at a minimum. With an attorney’s assistance, our Ellicott City area estate planners are able to coordinate the preparation of the following:
- Living wills
- Revocable living trust
- Power of attorney
- Durable power of attorney
- Health care power of attorney
- Medical directives
- Beneficiary designations
- Irrevocable life insurance trust (ILIT)
We are the dependable estate planners in Ellicott City, MD. Call (410) 824-1853 or contact us online with any questions you have about the estate planning process.
Estate Planners in Ellicott City, Maryland
At Geier Asset Management, we can help you ensure your investments are protected for your family and future. Grow and protect your assets with Geier Asset Management—call (410) 824-1853 today to set up an estate planning meeting in the Ellicott City area.