Tax Planning & Preparation in Maryland
Tax planning is one of the most important services that we provide to our clients. With several Certified Public Accountants on staff, our main objective is to proactively implement tax savings strategies that maximize your pre and post-tax income. We stay apprised of the current tax law and regulations through our affiliations with local and national accounting organizations such as the MACPA and AICPA.
Contact our trusted financial planners in Maryland to get started with tax planning before the April 15 tax deadline.
Working with Our Tax Advisors
Proper tax planning requires year round attention. Nearly every financial decision is made with the consideration to tax. Therefore, it is paramount to have a diligent and knowledgeable tax advisor in place. Our Maryland tax services team is solely devoted to safeguarding you from paying an unnecessary amount of tax in the following areas:
- Federal Income Tax
- State and Local Income Tax
- Corporate Tax
- Self-Employment Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Alternative Minimum Tax
- Gift Tax
- Estate Tax
Although Geier Asset Management is not a CPA firm, we can provide personal income tax planning services and federal, state, and local income tax return preparation through our on-staff Certified Public Accountants® as well as our relationship with other tax professionals. You can trust that our qualified financial advisors in Maryland will help you navigate through the tax maze, balance conflicting goals, and minimize the tax bite wherever possible.
Tax Planning Strategies
In order to combat the overwhelming variety of taxes, we implement various tax strategies that are unique to you and your specific financial situation. Some of the strategies that we have incorporated for clients include:
- Shifting income and/or expenses to different years to benefit from a lower tax rate or to create additional deductions
- Creating a defined contribution or benefit plan to defer income tax liabilities
- Contributing to a deductible IRA, SEP IRA, or Roth IRA
- Investing in federal and state tax-exempt vehicles
- Restructuring a business into favorable taxing entities
- Splitting income amongst various family members or legal entities
- Maximizing contribution to a health savings account (HSA)
- Liquidating investments that have generated a loss before year end
- Annual gifting program to reduce potential estate tax liability
- Implement various trusts into your plan—charitable remainder, generating skipping, dynasty, credit shelter
Family Tax Planning
Tax planning is one of the most important services that we provide to our clients—many of whom need to file taxes for more than one member in their household. With several Certified Public Accountants on staff, our main objective is to proactively implement family tax savings strategies that maximize your pre and post-tax income—for you, your spouse, and your dependents. Our family tax planning goes beyond routine tax advice, as we work with you to construct a comprehensive plan based on your unique goals and situation.
The Value in Using a Tax Advisor
You earned it, you deserve to keep it. These tax strategies have proven effective in reducing the amount of tax you and your family will pay now and in the future. The less tax you pay, the more you have to invest, which will allow your overall wealth to grow. As your assets accumulate, several of these techniques will allow you to transfer money to families or charities without being subject to transfer, gift, or estate taxes. Tax implications must be considered in every financial situation. Through careful planning and sophisticated tax strategies, Geier Asset Management will save you a significant amount of money throughout your life.
If you are looking for a trustworthy financial advisory team in Maryland, look no further than Geier Asset Management. Contact us online or call us to speak with our tax planning advisors.
Tax Preparation Services
In addition to tax planning services, our team of CPAs offer tax return preparation services. Utilizing a qualified tax preparer will save you a great deal of time and will mitigate the risk of incorrect filing.
We offer the following tax preparation services through our affiliate, Geier Financial Management, Inc.:
- Annual tax projections
- Computation of quarterly estimated payments
- Assistance with payroll withholdings
- Assitance in data gathering
- Completion of personal, federal and state income tax returns
- Completion of multi-state tax returns
- Completion of partnership, corporation and S-Corp tax returns
- Oversight with IRS/State Agency audits and correspondence.
We are based in Marriottsville, MD and have clients throughout Maryland, specifically in Howard County & Carroll County. We have many income tax planning clients in the following cities:
- Columbia, MD
- Ellicott City, MD
- Catonsville, MD
- Clarksville, MD
- Eldersburg, MD
- Marriotsville, MD
- Sykesville, MD
- West Friendship, MD
- And more throughout Maryland!
- Does Geier Asset Management offer tax preparation?
- How many years do I need to keep my financial records in case of an audit?
- What are the tax consequences of withdrawing money early from my retirement account?
- Who can I claim as a dependent?
- What is the annual gift exclusion?
- What education credits are available and do I qualify?
- How do I value non-cash charitable contributions?
- Are losses on rental properties tax deductible?
- When to Adjust Your Tax Withholding