Family Tax Planning Services
Tax planning is one of the most important services that we provide to our clients—many of whom need to file taxes for more than one member in their household. With several Certified Public Accountants on staff, our main objective is to proactively implement family tax savings strategies that maximize your pre and post-tax income—for you, your spouse, and your dependents. We stay apprised of the current tax law and regulations through our affiliations with local and national accounting organizations such as the MACPA and AICPA.
Working With Our Family Tax Advisors
Proper family tax planning requires year round attention. Nearly every financial decision is made with the consideration to tax. Therefore, it is paramount to have a diligent and knowledgeable tax advisor in place. Our tax services team is solely devoted to safeguarding you from paying an unnecessary amount of tax in the following areas:
- Federal Income Tax
- State and Local Income Tax
- Corporate Tax
- Self-Employment Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Alternative Minimum Tax
- Gift Tax
- Estate Tax
Family Tax planning Strategies
In order to combat the overwhelming variety of taxes, we implement various family tax planning strategies that are unique to you and your specific financial situation. Some of the strategies that we have incorporated for clients include:
- Shifting income and/or expenses to different years to benefit from a lower tax rate or to create additional deductions
- Creating a defined contribution or benefit plan to defer income tax liabilities
- Contributing to a deductible IRA, SEP IRA, or Roth IRA
- Investing in federal and state tax-exempt vehicles
- Restructuring a business into favorable taxing entities
- Splitting income amongst various family members or legal entities
- Maximizing contribution to a health savings account (HSA)
- Liquidating investments that have generated a loss before year end
- Annual gifting program to reduce potential estate tax liability
- Contributing to a state-sponsored college 529 plan
- Harvesting capital losses on investments
- Implementing various trusts into your plan—charitable remainder, generating skipping, dynasty, credit shelter
The Value in Using a Tax Advisor
These tax strategies have proven effective in reducing the amount of tax your family will pay now and in the future. The less tax you pay, the more your family has to invest, which will allow your overall wealth to grow. As your assets accumulate, several of these techniques will allow you transfer money to families or charities without being subject to transfer, gift, or estate taxes. Tax implications must be considered in every financial situation. Through careful planning and sophisticated tax strategies, Geier Asset Management will save you a significant amount of money throughout your life.
You earned it, you deserve to keep it.
In addition to tax planning services, our team offers tax return preparation services.
- What are the tax consequences of withdrawing money early from my retirement account?
- Who can I claim as a dependent?
- What is the annual gift exclusion?
- What education credits are available and do I qualify?
- How do I value non-cash charitable contributions?
- Are losses on rental properties tax deductible?